If, like most of us, you spend far too much time on the internet (guilty!), you’ll know that it’s completely saturated with video content.
But that’s not a bad thing. Video is one of the most engaging forms of content, which is why you might find yourself going down a YouTube rabbit hole or getting lost in endless an endless cycle of TikToks every so often.
For businesses wanting to market their products or services, video content is, above all else, a great way to reach potential customers and get them engaged with the brand.
As well as showcasing your offering in a visually appealing way, businesses and marketers can share videos across all the most important marketing channels, whether that’s on your website, social media, or even email.
Because it’s so effective, it’s showing no sign of showing down. So if you’re thinking about investing in video marketing, now is the time to do it.
But don’t just take our word for it – here are some video marketing statistics that show just how effective video can be:
Video to meet your audience’s needs
One of the reasons video content is such an effective marketing tool is that it helps your audience to absorb your message quickly and familiarises them with your brand and offering.
- 54% of consumers want to watch more video content from brands that they buy from.
- 74% of users watch video content to learn more about a product or service before committing to a purchase.
- 82% of internet traffic is predicted to be made up of users watching video content by the end of 2022.
Video content on social media
Video content is a staple on any social media platform, whether you want to get traction on organic posts or are spending money on paid video content so that it reaches far and wide.
- 93% of marketers claim video content on social media has landed them new business.
- Video content can improve click-through rates by as much as 65%.
- 41% of b2b businesses are creating video content for social media ads.
How does video affect ROI?
We know that video marketing can look great, but does that translate into income for your business?
Let’s take a look:
- 87% of marketers say video content provides a positive ROI for businesses.
- Businesses can expect 7% more in ROI from video compared to other forms of content.
- 83% of video marketers claim that video content boosts the results of their lead generation.
What are your competitors doing?
Whatever your marketing strategy looks like, it’s important to keep your eye on the ball. That includes understanding what your competitors are doing.
You’ll need to check out your top competitor’s channels as part of your research, but here’s an indication of what to expect:
- 86% of businesses are already using video content to market their products and services.
- 92% of marketers using video content claim it’s important to the success of their marketing strategy.
- 79% of marketers are starting to use video content in 2022.
- According to Optinmonster, video marketers get 66% more qualified leads each year.
Last but not least in our roundup of video marketing statistics, there’s no denying video marketing is a great asset for your business, but that doesn’t mean it comes without its challenges.
Here are some of the most common video content-related problems faced by businesses:
- 40% of marketers claim that their budget is holding them back from creating great video content.
- Almost half (48%) of marketers say that their organisation isn’t utilising video content to its full potential.
- 43% of marketers point to skill gaps as a reason for a lack of quality video content within their organisation.
The next step
Hopefully, these video marketing statistics have proven why video is such a powerful marketing tool that all businesses should consider using as a part of their marketing strategy. After all, it’s a highly effective way to engage with potential customers, improve brand awareness, and generate leads that convert into paying customers.
And although video content can come with its challenges – namely time and budget constraints – the ROI that businesses can expect from video make it more than worth the investment.
If you don’t have the in-house skills to make your vision a reality, we’re here to help. At KUB, our in-house video expert is on-hand to produce high-quality videos that will get your products and services the attention they deserve.
To find out more about what your business can expect to achieve with bespoke video content, get in touch.